以下是視頻演講譯文:
I would like to begin by addressing the heinous attach on the United States Capitol. Like all the Americans I’m outraged by the violence, lawlessness, and mayhem.
首先,我要談談(昨天)國會大廈發生的令人髮指的(暴力)事件。和所有美國人一樣,我無法容忍暴力以及無法無天的混亂。
I immediately deployed the Nation Guard and Federal Law Enforcement to secure the building, and expel the intruders.
我當時立即調配了國民警衛隊和聯邦執法部門來保護大樓的安全,並驅逐入侵者。
America is and must always be a nation with law and order.
美國永遠是一個有法律和秩序的國家。
The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seek of America democracy.
那些闖入國會大廈的示威者們玷污了美國的民主。
To those who engaged in the excess violence in destruction, you do not represent our country.
那些暴力破壞的人,你們不代表我們的國家。
And to those who broke the law, you will pay.
而那些違法的人,你們將付出代價。
We have just been through a tense election.
我們剛剛經歷了一場激烈的選舉。
And the emotions are high.
大家情緒激烈。
But now the temperature must be cooled, and calm restored.
但現在是(給激烈的情緒)降溫的時候了,讓我們恢復平靜。
We must get on the business of America.
我們必須開始着手處理國家的事務了。
My campaign vigorously pursue every legal avenue, to contest the election results.
我的競選團隊積極尋求各種法律途徑來質疑選舉結果。
My only goal was to insure the integrity of the votes.
我唯一的目標就是確保選舉的公平和公正。
In so doing I was fighting to defend American Democracy.
我是爲了捍衛美國的民主制度。
I continue to strongly believe that we must reform our election laws, to verify the identity and eligibility of all voters, to insure faith and confidence in all future elections.
我仍然堅信我們必須改革選舉法。要覈實所有選民的身份和資格,以確保美國人民對未來選舉的信心。
Now congress has certified the results.
現在國會已經認證了本次選舉結果。
A new administration will be inaugurated on January 20th, my focus turns to insure a smooth, orderly and seamless transition power.
新政府將於1月20日就職,我的工作重心將是確保平穩、有序和順利的權力過渡。
This moment calls for healing and reconciliation.
此刻,我們需要的是彼此和解。
2020 has been a challenges time for our people.
2020年是極具挑戰的一年。
A maleficent pandemic has abandoned the lives of our citizens, isolated millions in their homes, damaged our economy, and claim countless lives.
一場如洪水猛獸般的大流行病毒奪走了重創了我們的生活、讓數百萬人隔離在家、破壞了我們的經濟,並奪走了無數的生命。
Defeating this pandemic and rebuilding the greatest economy on earth, we require all of us working together.
要戰勝這場大流行病、重建地球上最偉大的經濟,就需要我們所有人共同努力。
It will require or renew our emphasis on the civic values, patriotism, faith, charity, community and family.
現在需要我們重拾公民價值、愛國主義、信仰、慈善、社區和家庭。
We must revive lights and secure bonds of love and loyalty that bond us together, as ONE national family.
我們必須重新振作起來,用愛和忠誠把我們國家緊密結合在一起。
To the citizen of our country, serving you as the president has been the honor of my lifetime.
致美國公民,身爲總統爲你們服務是我一生的榮耀。
And to my wonderful supporters, I know you are disappointed.
致我那些非凡的支持者們,我知道你們感到失望。
But I also want you to know, that our incredible journey is only just beginning.
但我也想讓你們知道,我們的旅程才剛剛開始。
Thank you. God bless you. And God bless America.
謝謝你們。願上帝保佑你們。願上帝保佑美利堅。
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2021